Here is an easy vegetarian chili recipe that everyone always loves (and no one guesses is vegetarian).
1 & 1/2 C. dried red kidney beans
1 C. bulgar
1 small can tomato juice
2 big onions
1 green pepper
4 cloves garlic
3 large cans crushed and peeled tomatoes
Tobasco, hot red paprika, salt and pepper
1) Soak kidney beans overnight in LOTS of water
2) Boil beans until soft (about 2 hours)
3) Heat tomato juice and then add this to the bulgar in a small dish
4) Dice up onions, carrots, green pepper and sauté it all with garlic until carrots are soft
5) Add cans of peeled tomatoes (with all their juice) to sautéed vegies and heat all this about 15 minutes
6) Add bulgar
7) Add hot stuff (tobasco, etc.) to taste
8) Add kidney beans and heat again
9) Add tomato paste if need to thicken
Play around with ingredients for your desired taste – play with recipe using different types of peppers or celery.
For non-vegans, garnish with sour cream and/or cheddar cheese!